Pull out the skeletons, start carving those pumpkins, and be sure to dress up your pup. It’s time for our Dog Halloween Costume Contest!
Dog Wheelchair LIFE will be awarding prizes to the top 3 dogs with the ultimate costume and wheelchair designs. Scroll down and see how your dog can enter the contest.
Spooky details of the dog wheelchair Halloween costume contest
Our Halloween competition is open to any dog or dogs with a costume and a dressed-up wheelchair or other mobility device. Whatever costume you choose for your pup is great with us, but the wheelchair, stroller, wagon or other device must be incorporated into the overall design.
We’re looking for creativity, originality, and some super excited dogs in their costume.
The dog in the photo must be dressed in a Halloween costume. They must also belong to you. The picture you submit needs be “natural.” That means it hasn’t been edited in any way. Please don’t add text to the picture either. We just want to see your adorable canine in their costume and their cart.
We’re also asking Mom, Dad and the human kids to skip the photo this year. The contest is just for dogs.
Another tip is to be aware of safety. We’ll be judging each entry for how well your pet is protected, so please be sure the design doesn’t block your dog’s vision or movement.
How to enter
- Send us an email with one or two photos of your dog in their full doggy wheelchair Halloween costume.
- Email to: [email protected]
- Include your dog’s name, plus your full name and email address. We’ll also need your mailing address, if your dog is one of the 3 winners.
- Photos of entrants will be posted to the Dog Wheelchair LIFE Facebook page during the contest. That way our entire community of 7,800 animal lovers will get to enjoy your inventiveness.
- There won’t be any voting, but a small team will choose the winners.
- Photos will be accepted from October 12 through Friday, October 21 at 5:00pm Pacific Time.
- Winners will be notified via email, so watch for my post to you. You’ll have 48 hours to get back to me.
- Like our other giveaways, you must live in the contiguous United States to enter. You also need to be 18 years or older.
- The 3 winners will officially be announced and highlighted in the Dog Wheelchair LIFE newsletter at the end of October.
The ghostly prizes
The three lucky winners will each receive Mighty Morsels Freeze Dried Beef Liver Treats. Mighty Morsels is made in my hometown of Las Vegas. It’s a company I trust. The beef liver in the treat comes from American ranchers who use only USDA Prime or better, human grade beef.
The morsels are made without use of hormones, dyes or antibiotics. They’re a favorite treat for Bailey and Olivia. Even my neighbor’s two dogs love them.
Here are a few costume designs
To give you an idea of what kind of costume to enter, here are examples that pet owners designed in previous years.
Leave a Reply